Monday, 3 February 2014

Some Films


I don't, or more to the point, can't write reviews because I suck at it. But here's a few films I really enjoyed watching in the past 12 months or so.




Blue Jasmine by Woody Allen of course. Love just about all his films with the exception of musicals which I've always detested. That's not entirely true, because All That Jazz springs to mind and I loved that.


Nothing to say about Captain Phillips, except that it was brilliant.


The Descendants - Very moving film with funny moments like the scene above. Have to admit that I'm a big George Clooney fan. It made me cry.


Drag Me to Hell - Wasn't sure about this one until I realised it was by Sam Raimi, how could I resist. Hilarious horror.


Frances Ha - Due to various distractions I've only watched half, but enjoyed it enough to want to see the rest. I think, one of those films you need to be in the right mood for. Finally, watched and loved it.


Ghost Dog: The Way of the Samurai - The last of the Jim Jarmusch films I hadn't seen. Those gangsters were funny fuckers. Great film.


Only learned about Uwe Boll recently. Rampage was fantastic, not too sure about the rest of his though. Assault on Wall Street was ok, but some of the acting wasn't very convincing.



Politics bore me, Ken loach doesn't: The Spirit of '45


It was News to me: The Assassination of Richard Nixon


Although I haven't seen the Sean Penn version, the previous image reminded me of the great documentary -
The Times of Harvey Milk


Gripping scary shit. United 93


About Schmidt - Took me a while to get around to this one, but worth the wait. One of Jack's best. Which reminds me, I could really do with one of those.

No comments: