Wednesday, 15 October 2014

Dreams from Drones




I made this last night and listened to it a few times before going to bed and ended up having a terrible nightmare about demonic possession. Then after managing to get back to sleep another dream about the investigation of a child murder being led by Sarah Lund from Forbrydelsen. She was examining the finger prints on a tin of tomatoes in the busiest restaurant kitchen I've ever seen. Good luck solving that one Lund, but you might need 40 episodes this time.

Anyway, I didn't know what to call this drone so I asked Catty and the reply was: "Then we decided we should go back inside." Good enough.

Download if you wish.

4 comments:

Erik Bartlam said...

I can't decide if these are beautiful or terrifying.

We don't have access to the original Killing. We watched all the American seasons...mixed results.

toiletrolltube said...

I see what you mean and I like that ambiguous quality, although that wasn't my intention, probably just a projection of my moody, murky mind. It was originally a very harsh sounding drone I made with VirSyn Cube v1 and I've just filtered it down to its strongest frequencies and applied some reverb and a few other processes. Still not the perfect sound though.

Haven't seen the American version myself. Enjoyed the original series, but it all got a bit ridiculous towards the end.

Speaking of ridiculous, but in a good way. I'm watching Portlandia at the moment. "Put a bird on it." :)

Erik Bartlam said...

Maybe sublime is the right word.

Portlandia...nothing but belly aches and tears.

Have you seen the bit where they're running a feminist book store.

It was the same for the American version but it went wacky after the first season. The relationship between the two detectives is what carried along.

toiletrolltube said...

Yes, that would be a better choice of word. Funniest American show I've watched since Curb. Feel free to recommend others. I'll send an email request later :)

Yeah, I think that was in episode 2 or 3. Funny and disturbing at the same time. I liked the one "have you read?" Totally mad.

I was a bit disappointed when they killed off her partner, really good dynamic. And then with her being accused of the shooting I thought some hidden agenda was about to be uncovered, but nothing. And season 2 with Islamic terrorist nonsense, oh come on! I didn't bother watching later episodes. What a crap show. :)